Our Corporate Responsibility purpose is to:
Treat all colleagues with dignity and respect in an inclusive and fair working environment. Promote equality of opportunity for all, not only within Ofcom but also the sectors we regulate
Reduce our carbon footprint, provide value for money and ensure Ofcom’s practices are environmentally sustainable
Engage, inspire and develop colleagues whilst proactively seeking to support our local community
What is Corporate Responsibility?
Corporate Responsibility is the action we take to ensure we are not only a responsible employer towards our colleagues but also that we recognise and manage our impact on the wider community, for example reducing our carbon footprint and maintaining environmentally responsible business practices.
Why Corporate Responsibility?
Embedding Corporate Responsibility into operational activities will make us a more efficient organisation by reducing our operational costs, creating a more engaged and diverse workforce, providing development opportunities for colleagues and building closer links with our local community.
Our Corporate Responsibility programme brings together our various activities into three streams of work: diversity and equality, footprint and sustainability and volunteering and community.
We are committed to acting in a responsible manner, ensuring that:
As an employer, we:
- Treat all colleagues with the dignity and respect they are entitled to
- Commit to equality of opportunity for all, irrespective of race, disability, gender (including gender re-assignment), age, religion or belief and sexual orientation; enabling us to make the best and most effective decisions and to utilize fully the talents of all colleagues
- Consider our economic, social and environmental impacts, and encourage our colleagues to adopt responsible behaviour
- Inspire and develop our colleagues and ensure we support our local community
As a public body, we:
- Commit to the need to eliminate unlawful discrimination
- Address the need to adopt socially and environmentally responsible behaviour
- Lead by example in promoting equality, diversity and human rights
- Reduce our carbon footprint and ensure we are environmentally sustainable in our practices
- Demonstrate our commitment to being a good corporate citizen
As a regulator, we:
- Fulfil our statutory objectives in an effective manner
- Ensure our organisation reflects the diversity of the community it serves
- Act in a balanced and measured way
- Have due regard for equality and human rights in carrying out our statutory functions
- Have due regard for the equality and human rights impact when taking strategic decisions about how to exercise our functions.