- Data Protection Act 1998
Data Protection Act 1998
In order to respect your privacy, we process your personal data in accordance with the data protection principles, namely:
- Personal data shall be processed fairly and lawfully.
- Personal data shall be obtained only for one or more specified and lawful purposes, and shall not be further processed in any manner incompatible with that purpose or those purposes.
- Personal data shall be adequate, relevant and not excessive in relation to the purpose or purposes for which they are processed.
- Personal data shall be accurate and, where necessary, kept up to date.
- Personal data processed for any purpose or purposes shall not be kept for longer than is necessary for that purpose or those purposes.
- Personal data shall be processed in accordance with the rights of data subjects under this Act.
- Appropriate technical and organisational measures shall be taken against unauthorised or unlawful processing of personal data and against accidental loss or destruction of, or damage to, personal data.
- Personal data shall not be transferred to a country or territory outside the European Economic Area unless that country or territory ensures an adequate level of protection for the rights and freedoms of data subjects in relation to the processing of personal data.
Letter of Understanding between the Office of Communications and the Information Commissioner’s Office
Published by the Information Commissioner’s Office May 2006
2a Southwark Bridge Road
London SE1 9HA
If you want advice from Ofcom please visit our advice pages or call us on 0300 123 3333 or 020 7981 3040.
We are open Monday to Friday from 9.00am to 5.00pm.
Annual Report 2011 – 12
Download our latest annual report:
Annual Report 2011-12