Ofcom proposes Plan of Work for the next year
Ofcom has today published its proposed Plan of Work, outlining our priorities for the next financial year.
We want to make sure people and businesses in the UK get the best from their communications services. Our proposed plan highlights all our major work areas for the financial year 2020/21, based on the following priorities:
- Better broadband and mobile – wherever you are. We will support ongoing investment in faster broadband and better mobile coverage across the country.
- Fairness for customers. We will ensure broadband, phone and TV customers, particularly vulnerable people, are treated fairly.
- Supporting UK broadcasting. We will support the UK’s vibrant broadcasting sectors, including public service broadcasting, to deliver continued benefits to all UK audiences.
- Making sure online communications work for people and businesses. We will work with Government on new and emerging policies protecting people from harmful content online, and more generally ensure communications services online work for consumers.
- Enabling strong, secure networks. We will continue to work with industry to make sure the UK’s networks are secure, resilient and protected against cyber-attacks and outages.
If you have an interest in Ofcom’s work, we encourage you to respond to the consultation by 25 February 2020. The full plan is set for release in March 2020.
We are also holding some public events to invite feedback on our proposed plan. These free events are open to everyone, and offer an opportunity to comment and ask questions. They will take place in Belfast, Cardiff, Edinburgh and London.
More information on these events is available on the Ofcom website.