Jonathan Oxley appointed Chief Executive of UK Regulators Network
Jonathan Oxley, Competition Group Director and an Executive Board Member at Ofcom, has been appointed the new Chief Executive of the UK Regulators Network (UKRN).
UKRN brings together 11 regulators from the UK’s utility, financial and transport sectors. The network fosters close working relationships between member regulators to enhance investment and efficiency for the benefit of consumers in the UK.
Jonathan joined Ofcom in 2014 as Group Director for Competition and was appointed to the Ofcom Board in December 2014. Before joining Ofcom, Jonathan was a Partner in PwC's Strategy and Economics practice, specialising in telecoms, media and technology. He is currently Ofcom’s UKRN representative and brings a range of insight and experience to the role.
Jonathan Oxley said: “The UK’s regulated sectors are facing a range of challenges, from helping to transform the UK’s infrastructure, to ensuring that everyone – especially vulnerable consumers – get a fair deal. It’s essential that regulators work together to achieve these shared goals.
“I look forward to building on the fantastic work the UKRN has done to promote collaboration between regulators to ensure all consumers get the best out of their regulated services.”
Jonathan’s new role will run concurrently with his position at Ofcom.
NOTE TO EDITORS
- UKRN is comprised of the following organisations:
- The Civil Aviation Authority (CAA)
- The Financial Conduct Authority (FCA)
- The Financial Reporting Council (FRC)
- The Legal Services Board (LSB)
- The Northern Ireland Authority for Utility Regulation (UR)
- The Office of Communications (Ofcom)
- The Office of Rail and Road (ORR)
- The Payment Systems Regulator (PSR)
- The Single Source Regulations Office (SSRO)
- The Water Services Regulation Authority (Ofwat)