Metering and Billing: Review of the Ofcom Metering and Billing Approval Scheme
- Start: 24 November 2005
- Status: Statement published
- End: 03 February 2006
On 24 November 2005 Ofcom published a consultation on the review of the Ofcom Metering and Billing Approval Scheme. The review proposed that industry had a more active role to play in the process of updating and maintaining the Direction so that it becomes flexible enough to accommodate new services and products while continuing to ensure that compliant systems achieve high standards of metering and billing accuracy.
Our statement proposes that:
- Ofcom will convene an industry experts group to revise the existing Direction;
- data services will continue to be excluded from the Scheme although Ofcom will strongly encourage providers to include selected data services voluntarily in their approvals – this decision will be reviewed within three years;
- there will be no change to the existing £40 million threshold;
- the possibility of a self-declaration option will not be pursued.