ICC Cricket World Cup 2015
- Start: 27 January 2015
- Status: Closed
- End: 10 February 2015
Ofcom has received a request from Sky for consent to broadcast exclusive live coverage of the Finals, Semi-finals and matches involving home teams played as part of the ICC Cricket World Cup 2015.
These are Group B listed events for the purpose of section 97 of the Broadcasting Act 1996. The first match is on 13 February 2015. The matches would be transmitted in their entirety on Sky Sports 2, which for the duration of the tournament would be renamed Sky Sports World Cup; in addition, ITV would provide highlights on its free-to-air channels according to the arrangement set out below:
- The highlights would be transmitted in a broadcast slot of between 60 to 90 minutes;
- The highlights would be broadcast from 22:00 UK time on the day of the relevant match;
- The highlights of all England matches (including the match against Scotland), would be shown on ITV1;
- The highlights of the Semi-finals and the Final will be broadcast on ITV 1;
- The highlights of the remaining five Scotland matches at the group stage will be broadcast on ITV4.
Ofcom further notes that the BBC intends to provide live commentary on BBC Radio Five Live.
In accordance with section 101 of the Broadcasting Act 1996, Ofcom's consent is needed for exclusive live coverage of these events. The Code on Sports and Other Listed and Designated Events sets out the matters that Ofcom will take into account in deciding whether or not to grant consent.
Ofcom invites broadcasters and other interested parties to comment on Sky’s request by 10 February 2015. Information on how to respond to the consultation is available on the Ofcom website.
Riverside House, 2a Southwark Bridge Road
London SE1 9HA
|scottish-government.pdf (PDF File, 18.2 KB)||Individual|