Statement on the processes for switching fixed voice and broadband providers on the Openreach copper network
- Dechrau: 08 Awst 2013
- Statws: Datganiad a gyhoeddwyd
- Diwedd: 04 Hydref 2013
It has been brought to our attention that in the main document and Annex 1 published on 8th August we stated that the deadline for responses was the 2nd October. However, in the notification on changes to general conditions we stated the deadline for sending representations about the proposals was the 4th October. Please note we will accept consultation responses until 5pm on 4th October. We have updated the consultation document to reflect this change.
- CPs to keep records of each consumer’s consent to switch, to protect against slamming;
- CPs to use systems and processes to minimise loss of service when switching bundles;
- LPs to provide better information to switching consumers on the implications of switching; and
- CPs to take measures aimed at minimising risks of erroneous transfers in circumstances where a consumer is moving property and wishes their service also to be transferred, by mandating two elements of industry best practice:
- that CPs place Working Line Takeover orders only where they have an exact match for the line; and
- that LPs notify end-users that their line or service is due to be taken over.
Statement and consultation on the processes for switching fixed voice and broadband providers on the Openreach copper network
Annex 12 - Analytical Assistance on the Implementation of Ofcom’s Proposals for Switching Fixed Voice and Broadband on the Openreach Copper Network