Interference complaints

03 August 2010

Broadcast Radio and TV Reception problems

The BBC is responsible for the investigation of complaints of interference affecting domestic television and radio reception within the UK.

For further information follow the following link:

Interference caused by illegal broadcasting

Ofcom can be contacted directly by those affected by the activities of illegal broadcasting (pirate radio):

Business Radio or PMSE

Request Ofcom to investigate interference to Business Radio or PMSE Services

Amateur Radio

To report interference or abuse to an amateur radio system, please click here.

Communal Aerial Systems

If you receive television reception from a communal aerial system, for example you live in a block of flats; you should contact your landlord or aerial contractor for help.

Owners of Communal Aerial Systems

If you own a communal aerial system as a landlord or for your business (for example, TV retailer) and you require assistance investigating interference, you can request the help of our specialist engineers.