The way a service was sold

Ofcom wants all consumers to have confidence that services are not sold to them in an underhand way.

If you believe you were mis-sold a service, complain to Ofcom by clicking the link below and completing our online form.

Although we can't investigate individual cases, your complaints can lead to us launching investigations and ultimately to us taking action.

Complain to Ofcom

For help with your individual issue, follow these steps.

Contact your provider's customer services department and explain your problem.

If this doesn't resolve the issue, make a formal complaint to the company. You should find details of how to do this on the back of your bill, on their website or ask their customer services.

If your provider is unable to resolve your complaint, ask for a deadlock letter. This enables you to take your complaint to an Alternative Dispute Resolution (ADR) scheme.

ADRs act as an independent middleman and will examine the case from both sides and reach a decision they think fair. If eight weeks have passed since you first formally complained you can contact the ADR directly.

There are two ADR schemes – Ombudsman Services: Communications, and the Communications and Internet Services Adjudication Scheme (CISAS). All service providers must belong to one of the schemes.

Your provider will tell you which scheme it is a member of, or you can use our ADR checker.

Rate this page

Was this page helpful?