You may use and re-use the Information that is available under this licence freely and flexibly, with only a few conditions.
Using Information under this licence
Use of copyright and database right material expressly made available under this licence (the ‘Information’) indicates your acceptance of the terms and conditions below.
Ofcom grants you a worldwide, royalty-free, perpetual, non-exclusive licence to use the Information subject to the conditions below.
This licence does not affect your freedom under fair dealing or fair use or any other copyright or database right exceptions and limitations.
You are free to:
- copy, publish, distribute and transmit the Information;
- adapt the Information;
- exploit the Information commercially and non-commercially for example, by combining it with other Information, or by including it in your own product or application.
You must, where you do any of the above:
- acknowledge the source of the Information by including a statement attributing Ofcom as the source and, where possible, provide a link to this licence;
If you are using Information from several Information Providers and multiple attributions are not practical in your product or application, you may use the following:
Contains information licensed by the Office of Communications.
These are important conditions of this licence and if you fail to comply with them the rights granted to you under this licence, or any similar licence granted by Ofcom, will end automatically.
This licence does not cover:
- personal data in the Information;
- Ofcom logos or the logos of any third parties;
- data files that relate specifically to individual mobile operators’ mobile coverage, as indicated on our webpages relating to the Connected Nations report 2017. Where you wish to use this data for your own purposes, please contact the relevant Communications Provider to whom that data relates;
- Charts, diagrams or other information referred to in the Connected Nations report 2017, other than those produced by Ofcom;
- other third party rights that Ofcom is not authorised to license;
- other intellectual property rights, including patents, trademarks, and design rights; and
- identity documents such as the British Passport.
This licence does not grant you any right to use the Information in a way that suggests any official status or that Ofcom endorses you or your use of the Information.
The Information is licensed ‘as is’ and Ofcom excludes all representations, warranties, obligations and liabilities in relation to the Information to the maximum extent permitted by law.
Ofcom is not liable for any errors or omissions in the Information and shall not be liable for any loss, injury or damage of any kind caused by its use. Ofcom does not guarantee the continued supply of the Information.
Please also see our general ‘disclaimer’ at: http://www.ofcom.org.uk/website/terms-of-use/
This licence is governed by the laws of England and the jurisdiction of the courts in England and Wales.
In this licence, the terms below have the following meanings:
means data gathered by Ofcom for the Connected Nations report 2017, and published on our website, and/or used to populate the Connected Nations report 2017 interactive maps and infographics.
means doing any act which is restricted by copyright or database right, whether in the original medium or in any other medium, and includes without limitation distributing, copying, adapting, modifying as may be technically necessary to use it in a different mode or format.
means the natural or legal person, or body of persons corporate or incorporate, acquiring rights under this licence.