This latest Connected Nations report for Wales shows that:
- superfast broadband (SFBB) coverage has increased by 4pp to 89% of premises in Wales;
- rural Wales (along with rural Scotland) saw the largest improvement in Superfast Broadband coverage compared to last year, seeing an increase of 10pp to 66%;
- the percentage of premises that are unable to get basic broadband, a connection which provides a download speed at least 10Mbit/s and an upload speed at least 1Mbit/s, has fallen to 5%;
- indoor 4G premises coverage by all mobile operators has increased by 21pp to 34%, while indoor all-operator coverage of data services has increased by 16pp to 73%; and
- geographic all-operator voice and text coverage (including voice over LTE, or VoLTE) is now 62%, while geographic all-operator data coverage has increased by 25pp to 52%.
Wales - Connected Nations (PDF, 2.0 MB)
Cymru - Cysylltu’r Gwledydd 2017 (PDF, 2.3 MB)