Diversity and equality hub
We believe TV and radio programmes should reflect the experiences of everyone in our society, regardless of their background. To help achieve this, we look at diversity, inclusion and accessibility, both in front of, and behind, the camera.
We are also working hard to improve diversity and inclusion within our own organisation.
This section of our website includes our relevant reports and research on diversity and inclusion in broadcasting. You can also find useful resources, including our guidance for broadcasters and links to external organisations working to improve diversity and inclusion in the media sector.
We will regularly update this hub with the latest industry developments.
All In: Diversity in Broadcasting 2021
This virtual event looked at the past, present and future of diversity in UK broadcasting. It included discussions, interviews and training sessions, all looking at practical ways to make broadcasting a more diverse and inclusive sector. Throughout the day we heard voices from across TV and radio, from people at the start of their careers to established names.
You can view the highlights from the event here, or watch complete sessions from the day by clicking on the link below.
Here is the full list of sessions that took place throughout the day. Simply click on a link and the video recording for that session will open.
- The last 5 years: what have we learnt?
- New Amsterdam: Freema Agyeman and David Schulner’s reflections on making the diverse US drama
- Weaving D&I into our DNA: ‘In discussion with Simone and Sarah from Bauer
- Representing, recruiting, and portrayal from across the Nations and Regions
- Medru Hansh: a case study
- In conversation with June Sarpong
- The Power of Staff Networks
- Viacom - The Benefits of Disability ERGs
- The Future of Media: how we’re making it more diverse
- How to build a more inclusive leadership in UK TV
- The anatomy of newsroom diversity – tick box vs reality?
- One workforce: Cross sector collaboration
Why diversity matters
Hear reflections from audiences and industry
The current situation
Find all our monitoring reports on diversity and equal opportunities in the TV and radio industries
Read our guidance for broadcasters, and find out more about recent activity to promote diversity and inclusion in the media sector