Content (international work)
We aim to contribute constructively to the implementation and development of European legislation and non-legislative initiatives that impact on our duties and responsibilities as the content regulator, and affects UK citizens and consumers...
We do so by engaging with the European institutions and with national regulators in other European countries and around the world, both bilaterally and through regulatory networks.
We are active members of European Platform of Regulatory Authorities (EPRA) and have been actively participating in European Regulators Group for Audio-visual Media Services (ERGA) since its creation in 2014.
Our engagement helps us to pursue a coherent and coordinated approach to international audio-visual regulation in particular in relation to the following:
- Implementation of the Audio Visual Media Services (AVMS) Directive.
Review of the AVMS
- See Ofcom response to the European Commission’s public consultation on the review of the AVMS
- See latest legislative proposals on the EC’s website
- See Ofcom’s response to the Review of the Interpretative Communication on TV advertising.
- See Ofcom’s response to the EC consultation on platforms and digital intermediaries.
- See Ofcom Guidelines For Dealing With Regulators Of Other Eu Member States In Relation To Uk-Licensed Television Channels And Uk-Based On Demand Services (PDF, 254.7 KB)
- Non-legislative initiatives on issues such as online protection of minors, media pluralism, data protection and privacy, e-commerce, network and information security and cloud computing.