If you are unhappy with how your data is being used by online services, you can complain directly to the ICO.
There are several laws for the recording of phone calls. These include:
- the Regulation of Investigatory Powers Act 2000 (RIPA);
- the Telecommunications (Lawful Business Practice) (Interception of Communications) Regulations 2000 (LBP Regulations);
- the Data Protection Act 2018;
- the Telecommunications (Data Protection and Privacy) Regulations 1999; and
- the Human Rights Act 1998
If you need help in this area, you should seek legal advice. Due to the complexities of the laws involved, Ofcom is not in a position to offer guidance.