Payphone faults

Contact the public payphone provider. To report a fault or damage to a BT Payphone, please call Freefone 0800 661 610, 8.30am to 5.00pm, Monday to Friday. You can also report it to BT online.

Payphone removal

When removing the last phone box from a location, BT and KCOM must consult with the district council or unitary authority or equivalent local body.

The local bodies will usually consult locally before making a decision and can veto the proposal. If your local phone box is under threat of removal and you are opposed to the removal, write to your local council. More details are set out in this Ofcom guidance (PDF, 148.2 KB).

Rate this page

Was this page helpful?