Public Service Content in a Connected Society: Ofcom’s third review of public service broadcasting
- Dechrau: 15 Rhagfyr 2014
- Statws: Ar gau
- Diwedd: 26 Chwefror 2015
This paper sets out the terms of reference for Ofcom's third review of Public Service Television Broadcasting (PSB) and sets out how we will:
- report on the past delivery of public service content; and
- examine changes in both the broadcasting and wider communications sector and their potential effect on the current PSB system.
It explains how this review will be conducted in a different manner from Ofcom's previous two PSB reviews because:
- the transition from analogue to digital broadcasting, which formed the context for our first two reviews, is complete;
- Ofcom has decided to renew the Channel 3, 4 and 5 licences for a further ten years; and
- Ofcom's remit in conducting the review has changed as a result of the Digital Economy Act 2010.
Because of these factors we anticipate that we will complete this review in a shorter time frame than previous PSB reviews.
Public Service Broadcasting in the Internet Age: The Nations of the UK and their regions’
Darlledu Gwasanaeth Cyhoeddus yn oes y rhyngrwyd - Gwledydd y DU a'u rhanbarthau
Trends in TV Content Investment - A report for Ofcom by Oliver & Ohlbaum Associates
Consultation: Public Service Content in a Connected Society - Ofcom’s third review of public service broadcasting
|Action_on_Hearing_Loss.pdf (PDF File, 41.9 KB)||Ymateb|
|Advisory_Committee_for_England.pdf (PDF File, 60.0 KB)||Ymateb|
|Advisory_Committee_for_Northern_Ireland.pdf (PDF File, 73.7 KB)||Ymateb|
|Advisory_Committee_for_Scotland.pdf (PDF File, 156.4 KB)||Ymateb|
|Advisory_Committee_for_Wales.pdf (PDF File, 80.6 KB)||Ymateb|