Authorisation regime for GNSS repeaters 1164-1215 MHz, 1215-1300 MHz &1559-1610 MHz
- Dechrau: 08 Mawrth 2012
- Statws: Datganiad a gyhoeddwyd
- Diwedd: 16 Ebrill 2012
In this statement we set out our conclusions on the proposal to implement a light licence regime to authorise the use of Global Navigation Satellite System (GNSS) repeaters in the UK.
Our proposals apply only to GNSS repeater systems operating in any of the following RNSS1 frequency bands; 1164-1215 MHz, 1215-1300 MHz and 1559-1610 MHz. This statement does not relate to other technologies, including (but not limited to) GSM, UMTS, WiMAX and LTE, where the use of repeater equipment (other than by the licensed network operators), may cause harmful interference effects and such use is a criminal offence under the Wireless Telegraphy Act 2006 (as amended).
Having considered the responses to our consultation published in March 2012, we have concluded that we will proceed with the implementation of a light licence approach in line with the proposals we outlined in our consultation. Consequently we will:
- License GNSS repeaters and record (and hold) all active and archived locations (no prior or post coordination required from aviation bodies);
- Set an indefinite licence term and ensure we have an archive database of all sites that are or have been licensed;
- Set a licence fee of £75;
- Allow licences to be traded on an outright or concurrent basis (partial trades split geographically or by frequency will not be permitted);
- License in any of the three frequency bands; 1164-1215 MHz, 1215-1300 MHz, 1559-1610 MHz;
- Permit the inclusion of multiple installations for GNSS repeater radiating elements at one address provided they are set out on the licence;
- Allow GNSS repeater installations in defined fixed locations only (mobile use will not be authorised);
- Only permit GNSS repeater use indoors (as defined in the licence);
- Use the ETSI standard as the compliance assessment baseline for GNSS repeater devices manufactured or assembled from component parts.
Dim ymatebion i’w dangos.