Information for maritime radio licensees
- The preferred method of payment is credit/debit card, up to a maximum of £5,000. Please note that we do not accept American Express.
- For payments over £5,000 a direct debit instruction (PDF, 237.5 KB) is best. Direct debits cannot be set up in time to collect the first payment, but will be used for future payments. However, payment can be taken by direct debit for a new licence if you are an existing licensee with a live direct debit instruction set up with your bank.
- If you prefer to make a BACS payment, please quote your invoice number, so that our Finance team can identify your payment easily.
- For International Bankers Drafts, please quote your invoice number. You will need to add the charge on an international bankers draft to the total requested.
You have 28 days from the date that the letter is issued. If no payment is received by this time then the application may be cancelled and you will have to reapply.
Please submit a payment only once you have received an invoice. Early payments will be returned to you.
IR 2029 - UK Radio Interface Requirement 2029 for Maritime Emergency Position indicating Radio Beacons (EPIRBs) intended for use on the frequency 121,5MHz or the frequencies 121,5 MHz and 243 MHz for homing purposes only (PDF, 133.2 KB)
IR 2032 - For transmission of differential correction signals of Global Navigation Satellite Systems (DGNSS) from Maritime Radio stations in the Frequency Bands 162.4375-162.4625 and 163.0125-163.03125 MHz. (PDF, 106.8 KB)
IR 2033 - For a universal shipborne automatic identification system using time division multiple access in the VHF band of the maritime mobile service for use at coast station and unmanned maritime buoys (PDF, 117.7 KB)
- Licence number (of the format 012345/1)
- Customer reference (of the format 1-XXX-XXX)
- Licensees name
- Registered postcode of the licensee
Contact us at:
2a Southwark Bridge Road
0300 123 1000 or 020 7981 3131.
We are open Monday to Friday from 9.00am to 5.00pm.
020 7981 3235
020 7981 3043 - Please note that these numbers only work with special equipment used by people who are deaf or hard of hearing.