You can check your contract status by asking your provider – over the phone or livechat – or by logging into your account online.
You may also be able to find your contract end date via your provider’s app (if you have downloaded it), by checking a bill, or looking through correspondence with your provider.
If you're out of contract, take these steps to a better deal.
Check your BT contract status
Phone BT on 0800 800 150, or:
- Log in to your BT account.
- Select ‘Your bills and usage’. If your initial contract period has ended or is ending soon, this page should say so.
Check your EE contract status
Phone EE on 0800 956 6000, or:
- Log in to your EE account.
- Select 'My Plan'.
- Select 'My Plan details'.
Check your O2 contract status
Phone O2 on 0344 809 0202, or:
- Log in to your O2 account.
- Select 'Menu'.
- Select 'More'.
- Select 'Tariff and payments'. This will show you your contract length and contract renewal date, even if it has passed.
Alternatively, if you bought a device with your contract:
- Select ‘Ready for a new phone’. This will tell you how much you need to pay off your device plan, and when you can next upgrade if you continue your current payments.
- Select ‘Upgrade now’. This page will show you your tariff and usage information.
Check your Plusnet
Phone Plusnet on 0800 432 0200
Check your Sky contract status
Phone Sky on 0333 7591 018, or:
- Log in to your Sky Message Centre.
- Look through your messages for one titled 'Confirming your Sky offer'. This message should tell you the start date and length of your contract.
Check your TalkTalk contract status
Phone TalkTalk on 0345 172 0088, or:
- Log in to your TalkTalk account.
- Select ‘My Account’.
- Select ‘My Package’. The end date of your contract is shown in the ‘Package overview’ section.
Check your Tesco Mobile contract status
Phone Tesco Mobile on 0345 301 4455, or:
- Log in to your Tesco Mobile account. They may send you a text with a one-time PIN for third party verification.
- Select ‘Manage tariff and bundles’. You should see your tariff and contract status, including the date it started and its length, at the top of the list.
Check your Three contract status
Phone Three on 0333 338 1001, or:
- Log in to your Three account.
- Select ‘Upgrades and offers’.
- Select ‘Check if you can upgrade’.
- You’ll find your contract date under ‘Minimum term’.
Check your Virgin Media contract status
Phone Virgin Media on 0345 454 1111, or:
- Log in to your Virgin Media account.
- Select 'My Account'.
- Select 'Check your contract details'. You’ll find your end date here.
Check your Vodafone contract status
Phone Vodafone on 0333 304 0191, or:
- Log in to your Vodafone account.
- Select ‘Upgrade or Change plan’. This page shows what type of plan you are on, how much you are paying and when your contract ends or ended.
Not sure how to negotiate? Read our tips on what to ask your provider.