Behavioural insights at Ofcom
Behavioural insights help Ofcom understand how consumers and businesses behave, and how people make decisions.
We use these insights to inform our policy-making, improve our services and ultimately deliver better outcomes for consumers and citizens. They can also help us understand how businesses design their services and products to shape people's experiences – online and offline.
Our work addresses some of the biggest challenges we face, like keeping children safe online, or getting the best deal on your broadband service amid the rising cost of living.
We use cutting-edge behavioural insights tools to understand what influences behaviour and decision-making. We consider what drives or blocks certain behaviours, design solutions like nudges, then test and evaluate those solutions to learn more about people's behaviour. This is essential to how we will regulate online safety.
Get in touch with the Behavioural Insight team at email@example.com
Read our news and blog posts
- Fewer than half of social media users find content controls effective
- Does autoplay distort what we watch online?
- Can 'microtutorials' boost online safety?
- Nudging users to report potentially harmful content online
- Harnessing the power of games to make children safer online
- Tech firms work hard to understand user behaviour - so do we