Organisations we work with
The CMA, the ICO, the FCA and Ofcom have together formed the Digital Regulation Cooperation Forum (DRCF) to support regulatory coordination in online services, and cooperation on areas of mutual importance.
EPRA was set up in 1995 in response to the need for increased co-operation between European regulatory authorities. With its 20 years of experience and a robust network of working-level contacts, EPRA is the oldest and largest network of broadcasting regulators and is an ideal setting for the exchange of information, cases and best practices between broadcasting regulators in Europe.
The Information Commissioner and Ofcom have signed a Memorandum of Understanding, which establishes a framework for cooperation and information sharing between the two organisations.
Ofcom and the National Cyber Security Centre (NCSC) have published a joint statement setting out how they will work together under the new Telecommunications (Security) Bill, which is currently in passage.
Ofcom has joined other regulators to form the UK Regulators Network (UKRN).
The aim of the UKRN is to improve collaboration across regulated sectors, allowing members to work closer together on issues of cross-sectoral significance, while maintaining their independent status.
The UKRN provides the structure for regulators to deliver unique policy projects, which combine their strengths and assist them in providing benefit to stakeholders, including consumers and investors.
The varied nature of the sectors that the member organisations regulate is recognised and the work the UKRN has done to date has identified specific areas where all the regulators can deliver better outcomes together.
The UKRN's work plan for 2020/21 set out three strategic priorities:
- Improving outcomes for consumers in vulnerable circumstances or with additional needs
- Adapting our regulatory approach where appropriate to support the innovation and investment necessary for economic recovery, resilience and growth
- Strengthening joint regulatory capabilities to meet shared current and future challenges
The UKRN comprises the following organisations:
- The Civil Aviation Authority (CAA)
- The Financial Conduct Authority (FCA)
- The Payment Systems Regulator (PSR)
- The Office of Communications (Ofcom)
- The Office of Gas and Electricity Markets (Ofgem)
- The Water Services Regulation Authority (Ofwat)
- The Office of Rail and Road (ORR)
- The Northern Ireland Authority for Utility Regulation (UR)
- The Financial Reporting Council (FRC)
- The Single Source Regulations Office (SSRO)
NHS Improvement, the sector regulator for health, participates in the network and its projects as appropriate. The Water Industry Commission for Scotland (WICS) and the The Legal Services Board (LSB) are contributing members which generally participate as observers.