Statement on changes to the General Conditions of Entitlement
- Start: 26 April 2018
- Status: Statement published
- End: 28 May 2018
Statement published 30 July 2018
This statement sets out Ofcom’s decisions to:
- amend general condition C6, which relates to the provision of calling line identification facilities, in order to ensure that calls to the emergency services are never blocked;
- amend the calling line identification guidance in order to reflect the change to general condition C6;
- amend the drafting of a number of the other general conditions for clarity; and
- amend the telephone numbering condition binding non-providers to ensure that it includes references to the new general conditions.
These changes will take effect from 1 October 2018, the same day the revised general conditions come into force.
We have also today published an unofficial consolidated version of the revised general conditions (PDF, 1.1 MB), which will take effect on 1 October 2018, which incorporates all the changes made to the revised General Conditions since they were first set in September 2017.