Ofcom broadband and mobile checker app
Our free app will help you get the best from your internet connection, whether you’re at home or on the move.
The mobile and broadband checker app lets you:
- Easily check indoor/outdoor mobile coverage and availability for voice, 3G and 4G services from all major providers.
- View broadband availability and speeds for any UK address.
- Quickly test the performance and speed of your mobile or broadband connection.
- Get tips on how to improve your internet connection or mobile coverage.
You can download the app for free to your smartphone or tablet.
How do I check mobile and broadband coverage?
Tap the “check availability” option on the app’s home screen.
- Mobile - you’ll find out the availability of voice, 3G and 4G services from your operator, and all others, in your current location. You can check both indoor and outdoor service coverage.
- Broadband – the app will show you the speed (download and upload) and availability of broadband services at your current location.
You can also view the availability of mobile and broadband services using the interactive availability maps.
How do I run a test?
To check your broadband performance, connect your device to your Wi-Fi network and select “run a test” within the app. It will then run a series of tests to check how well your Wi-Fi is performing.
If it finds any problems with your Wi-Fi or broadband connection, the app will provide tips on how you can improve performance.
To get a complete view of your household’s performance, we recommend running multiple tests in different locations, at different times and on different devices.
The fixed broadband data available in the apps and our online checker is also available via an API (https://api.ofcom.org.uk/). The mobile data will be available via an API from late December 2018.
For further information about the app and its functionalities, read our FAQs.