Unable to pay a bill?

If you're having difficulty paying a bill, don't ignore it.

Talk to your phone provider as soon as possible. They might be able to help.

Ask about:

  • moving to a cheaper package;
  • paying the debt over time;
  • reducing the monthly payments to an affordable rate;
  • waiving part of the debt if you pay the remainder within a certain time;
  • changing the payment date or switching to direct debit;
  • selling old mobile handsets for recycling;
  • details of debt advice agencies.

Your provider is not obliged to offer you any of these things, but if you explain your situation they may be willing to look at options with you.

Rate this page

Was this page helpful?