Unable to pay? Managing your debt
If you're having difficulty paying a bill, don't ignore it.
Talk to your communications provider as soon as possible. You may find they have suggestions that ease the pressure, and they may be able to help if a change in your personal circumstances is giving you money problems.
Things you may wish to ask your provider about:
- Moving to a cheaper package
- Paying the debt over time
- Reducing the monthly payments to an affordable rate while you complete a debt repayment plan
- Waiving part of the debt if you agree to pay the remainder within 14 days and to pay the next 12 monthly bills in full and on time
- Changing the payment date or switching to direct debit
- Selling old mobile handsets for recycling
- Details of debt advice agencies
Your provider is not obliged to offer you any of these things, but if you explain your circumstances to them, they should be able to help explore the options that may be available to you, and to send you any information that they publish about money advice.