Statement: Ofcom's Plan of Work 2020/21
- Start: 07 January 2020
- Status: Statement published
- End: 25 February 2020
Statement published 30 April 2020
We have today published our plan of work for 2020/21 – setting out our priorities and work programme for the new financial year.
This will be an exceptional year, with significant focus from Ofcom, and the organisations we work with, on responding to the coronavirus (Covid-19). People, businesses and the markets we regulate are facing uniquely challenging circumstances.
We have adapted our plan to take account of the exceptional circumstances that have unfolded since our consultation. As well as supporting people and businesses through the current challenges, we have an important programme of work planned for the next year.
- Better broadband and mobile – wherever you are.
- Fairness for customers.
- Supporting UK broadcasting.
- Ensuring online communications work for people and businesses.
- Enabling strong, secure networks.
- Sustaining the universal postal service.
- Continuing to innovate in regulation and data to help people and businesses.
- Increasing diversity and inclusion.
- Support through the EU exit transition period and continued international relationships.
Our focus is on delivering the work we have planned in full over the course of this year. But we will monitor the evolving coronavirus situation closely and keep our plans flexible. To reflect this, we will publish an updated plan in September, as well as quarterly updates on our progress against the plan.
Update 29 September 2020 – quarterly update on our Plan of Work
We have undertaken a review of the milestone outputs detailed in our work programme to ascertain any timing changes since publication and provide an updated table of our project work.
Cynllun Gwaith Ofcom 2020/21 – Diweddariad Medi 2020 ar allbynnau a cherrig milltir
Cynllun Gwaith 2020/21 – diweddariad Gorffennaf 2020 ar allbynnau a cherrig milltir
|Advisory Committee England (PDF File, 115.8 KB)||Organisation|
|BBC (PDF File, 134.5 KB)||Organisation|
|Boydon, M (PDF File, 215.3 KB)||Individual|
|British Entertainment Industry Radio Group (PDF File, 172.5 KB)||Organisation|
|British Standards Institution (PDF File, 212.5 KB)||Organisation|