Something online showing the sexual abuse or exploitation of children

Call 999 if a child is in immediate danger.

If you have found something online that shows the sexual abuse or exploitation of children, report it to the service you saw it on. There should be information about how to do this on the service’s website or app.

If what you’ve seen shows the sexual abuse of a child, you can also report it to the Internet Watch Foundation (IWF) – anonymously and confidentially. The IWF works with services worldwide to remove child sexual abuse content.

If you are under 18 years old and worried about something sexual that has happened to you online, tell the Child Exploitation Online Protection (CEOP) Command. You should also tell CEOP if you are the parent or guardian of someone you think has been sexually abused or exploited online.

Concerned about a child's safety? Tell the NSPCC.

Still concerned about something you've seen online? Tell us (Ofcom).

Rate this page

Was this page helpful?