Gwasanaeth i gwsmeriaid

If you experience poor customer service you should tell the company concerned.

All communication providers are required to have a Code of Practice (CoP) outlining, amongst other things, how they will deal with customer complaints.

The CoP is sometimes available on the company's website, back of a bill or directly from customer services.

If you follow their complaints procedure, the chances are any problems will be resolved.

If this doesn't work, ask your provider for a deadlock letter.  This enables you to take your complaint to an Alternative Dispute Resolution (ADR) scheme.

ADRs act as an independent middleman and will examine the case from both sides and reach a decision they think fair. If eight weeks have passed since you first formally complained you can contact the ADR directly.

There are two ADR schemes – Ombudsman Services: Communications, and the Communications and Internet Services Adjudication Scheme (CISAS). All service providers must belong to one of the schemes.

Your provider will tell you which scheme it is a member of, or you can use our ADR checker.

Tell Ofcom

Although it is not Ofcom's role to handle customer service complaints, we still take a close interest in monitoring consumer experiences.

Fill out our consumer monitoring form

No Code of Practice

All communication providers must have a Code of Practice on how they deal with customer complaints.

This Code of Practice should be available within two clicks of your provider’s homepage.

However, despite this it can still sometimes prove difficult to locate. Often there will be a link available in the footer at the bottom of the homepage.

If you continue to have difficulty locating the Code of Practice, contact their customer services and ask for a copy.

If you think your provider is not meeting their requirements regarding this Code of Practice, please tell us by filling out the monitoring form.

Rhoi barn am y dudalen hon

Oedd y dudalen hon yn ddefnyddiol?